Market Street Apothecary Gift Shop

(1903), 72 W. Market Street

Architectural Style: Gallery Arcade

Behold, Corning's Gaffer District's first parking garage. This building originally housed a livery stable for owners to board their horses during overnight stays in Corning. Many travelers also went to the stable for a horse while they were in town. Livery stables were some of the most important buildings in a growing town in the late 1800s.