The Club House

(1878), 51-59 W. Market Street

Architectural Style: Utilitarian

This three-story structure was originally built as a flour mill. In 1926 Corning Glass Works purchased the building and renovated it as an employee recreation facility, hence the moniker Club House. The renovation included an addition on the west to accommodate a bowling alley, excavation of the basement for a swimming pool and the raising of the roof fifteen feet to allow for a basketball court.